Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The annual town meeting

Not a single thing happens that I don't relate to Frank.Take last night, for example. Lubec held its annual town meeting. I went by myself, as I'm having to do for all things these days. In the past, I've always gone to to town meetings (Machias, and Franklin before that) with Frank.

Frank never missed a town meeting, as long as I knew him, until his illness kept him from Machias' town meeting in 2011. He loved  being part of a good public discussion. He always found a point, or two or three, to make. He took his town meeting responsibilities very seriously. The critical thinker in him emerged, and he made points that others hadn't yet considered.

Could not help myself thinking of Frank last evening in town-meeting mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment